Thursday, February 19, 2009

Training in Aiken

As Macloud continues his preparation for Kentucky, my young horse is gearing up for his first event ever. He went schooling with Phillip at the Gibbes' Farm in St. Matthews, SC and was really good. I will probably start him out at some of the one-day events around Aiken to give him some mileage.

I'm also getting on some racehorses for Richard Valentine on my day off, and I'm riding some young horses for Julia Steinberg. I've got seven horses to ride as well as my own two, which are at Jose'e and Tiger Rievere's farm in Aiken.

Looking toward Rolex I am pursuing sponsors to assist in this big financial undertaking. It really takes a team to get a horse to a big event like Rolex. I also want to take this chance to mention my farrier, Dave Kumpf, who was here last week. He has been shoeing my horses for six years now and he is a big part of my program!

-Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment