Friday, January 30, 2009

Heading South

I am very excited to have my first blog as I start the 2009 competition season! Tomorrow, bright and early, I will be driving to Aiken, South Carolina to start the eventing year. This is my favorite time of year because I've had all winter to reflect on last season and how to improve myself and my horses.

This year I am aiming for the Rolex Kentucky three-day Event CCI**** in Lexington, Kentucky, my first four-star event. Macloud is in training for the big event and looking great! While I am in Aiken I will be taking lots of lessons from Phillip Dutton and my good friend and dressage coach Silva Martin to improve on my performance last fall at the Fair Hill International CCI***.

I am also looking forward to starting my new young off-the-track Thoroughbred, Path of Perfection. He is already showing lots of potential and his great temperament and personality make me this that he will turn out to be quite good. Aiken is great for the youngsters as there are plenty of events going on, and the Hitchcock Woods are fantastic for hacking and jogging. I am planning on making his eventing debut in March.

But first things first - I need to finish packing!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment